I made these cinnamon sweet potato rounds with herbed ricotta, walnuts, cranberries, and bacon for my dish to pass at our last game night. Not only were they pretty easy, but they tasted amazing! They were the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Wanna know what else was sweet? Winning game night. Sorry friends, one last chance to brag. For those of you who have never played the Ticket to Ride: Europe board game, go and buy it right now. It’s so much fun! Plus, you can play it as a single or with teams.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- chopped bacon
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- additional honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, peel, slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- In a medium bowl toss sweet potatoes with olive oil and cinnamon. Transfer to foil lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, flipping potatoes half way through. You just want your rounds to be lightly browned and crispy around the edges.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese, italian seasoning, honey, and salt. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Pan fry bacon until nice and crispy. Let cool on paper towel. Once cooled enough to touch, chop into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Chop walnuts and spread on a baking sheet. With 10 minutes left on the timer for the potatoes, and place the walnuts in the oven to lightly roast.
- Remove sweet potatoes and walnuts from the oven. Place a dollop of ricotta mixture on each round and place in the oven for 4 minutes, just until ricotta is warm.
- Top with chopped walnuts, bacon bits, and dried cranberries. Drizzle with honey and enjoy!