On the way home from one of our trips north to see the fall colors we decided to make a pit stop at Ski-Hi Fruit Farm. Sadly (and to my surprise) this turned out not to be a pick your own apples kind of orchard. But, that didn’t stop us from stocking up on all of our favorite fall goodies. We were able to pick up a bunch of acorn squash and butternut squash (recipes with both coming soon!), along with apple butter and a big bag of delicious looking apples. This is where the apple crisp comes in!
Not only is recipe super easy, but it tastes amazing! It is just sweet enough, without being over the top. I know a whole pan of apple crisp for two people seems excessive, but let me tell you, it wasn’t. Everyone knows dessert is my favorite meal anyways!
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6-8 medium sized apples of your choice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, peel, and slice your apples. Place in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine white sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour evenly over apples.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, remaining cinnamon, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir until crumbly. Pour mixture over sugar covered apples.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes until bubbly and golden.
We served ours warm with slow churned vanilla ice cream. Pure perfection.